Cox Technic (Technique) in North Scottsdale AZ
Are you interested in an alternative to back surgery / or a solution to unsuccessful back surgery? Read this article to learn more about the Cox Technic at our North Scottsdale AZ chiropractic clinic.
What is The Cox® Technic (Technique) in North Scottsdale AZ?
Cox Technic is a clinically proven, non-surgical, doctor-controlled, hands-on spinal manipulation performed with the patient lying on a specially designed treatment table.
- Cox Technic is research-documented and clinically successful in relieving spine pain and spine-related pain.
- Done by a trained, Cox Certified Physician, it is used to treat acute and chronic back pain as well as failed back surgery syndromes.
- The technique does not involve traditional adjusting with "popping" of the spine. It gently tractions the patient's spine with a slow pumping motion.
- It is very comfortable and does not hurt the patient.
- It is also a good technique for patients with osteoporosis, as there is no thrusting on the spine.
Dr. Grgula has been a Certified Cox Physician since 1995.
I am the longest certified doctor of only a handful of Cox doctors in Arizona. I receive my re-certification status by writing case studies on my most difficult patient cases, and present them as trainings at doctor conferences.
The goal of the technique is to relieve pressure (compression)
on the nerves by creating space (decompression).
How It Helps
Flexion-distraction and decompression help relieve patients' spinal pain and regain their quality of life by:
- Gentle pumping of the spine without thrusting or popping
- Decompressing compressed vertebral discs
- Reducing pressure on the spinal nerves
- Returning motion to the spine allows patients to enjoy their activities with little or no pain
What conditions are treated with Cox Technic?
Cox Technic is used for many serious conditions that cause low back and leg pain as well as neck and arm pain. It also reduces pain caused by …
- Failed back surgery - I've helped many patients to get their lives back after failed back surgery over the years with Cox Technic. Recent research shows how effective it can be to help reverse surgical complications.
- Slipped disc
- Ruptured disc
- Facet syndrome
- Many other conditions
I've tried chiropractic before. Why is this different?
The Cox Technic is different because it does not require the forceful adjusting style that causes the "popping" of the spine. It is very gentle and is a science-based method of adjusting the spine.
Does it hurt?
No. The Cox Technic is very gentle, and the table is pumped up and down, left and right, or in a circular motion. It is not designed to be forceful or to cause pain during your treatment.
How long do the results last? Do I have to keep coming back for more treatments?
We recommend that once the intensive care portion of your treatment plan is done, you come in at least once a month for 6 weeks for maintenance. This allows the decompression of the discs to hold over time.
live pain free
Don't give up the dream of living Pain-FREE! Contact our North Scottsdale AZ chiropractic clinic today to find relief.
It's not a dream … when you have the right natural approach doctor totally focused on YOU and the "root cause" of your condition.
Both new injuries and chronic old injuries can be helped, quickly and drug-free - right in our office.
For the past 20 years, I've helped thousands of patients feel better, and stay pain-free… even after they had lost hope with other methods.
You do NOT have to live with dangerous and addictive medications, painful injections, endless physical therapy sessions, or unnecessary surgery.
Get the facts … and stop suffering.
Here's our focus when you walk through the door…
- Getting you immediate pain relief - without drugs or surgery.
- Finding the real cause, not just treating the symptoms, so we can prevent the pain from coming back.
- Building you a dependable long-term "pain-free plan" - both you and your family can live with.
Don't make the mistake of giving up, or living with pain… until you've experienced our "Pain Relief Systems."
SYMPTOMS IN NORTH SCOTTSDALE AZ
This is your body's way of warning you that there is something more serious going on.
If any of these symptoms have been going on for any length of time, they could lead to a much more serious condition like nerve damage that my lead to drugs or surgery. It's important that you have them checked out … right away so they might be resolved non-invasively.
Arthritis is an inflammatory condition that is one of the major causes of pain that interferes with daily activities. It can be diagnosed at any age, and the pain and stiffness may affect joints anywhere in your body.
There are over 100 types of arthritis, including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and gout.
Dr. Grgula will examine you and possibly order new blood work or review the blood work you've already had, to find out your particular diagnosis.
Once that diagnosis is made, she will place you on a custom-designed treatment plan that may include nutritional recommendations, medical-grade supplementation, chiropractic, acupuncture, exercises, or other therapies that will aid in reducing your pain and inflammation.
According to studies published by the Arthritis Foundation, 73% of people receiving chiropractic care for their arthritis found it helpful when their "prescription medication wasn't working."
DISC HERNIATION (PROTRUSION) OR DISC BULGE
Do you know if you have a disc herniation or protrusion?
- Your first step is to have Dr. Grgula perform an orthopedic and neurologic exam. Once your exam is done, She will order or review your previous MRI or CT scan. An MRI or CT scan will show the soft tissue of the discs between your vertebrae.
- In herniated or protruded discs, the gel substance in the center of the discs ruptures or bursts out of the disc. Think of the jelly that leaks out of the hole in the back of a jelly donut. The gel causes pressure on nerves that causes pain.
- This is a serious condition that, in many cases, people consider spinal surgery.
- A disc bulge happens when the gel bulges out of the disc, without bursting. Think of eating an ice cream sandwich in the summer. The 2 hard cookies cause the soft ice cream in the middle to bulge out when you bite down on it.
- The bulging disc causes increased pressure against nerves also and cause pain.
How does a disc get injured?
- Disc pain can be severe and occur in other parts of the body, not just in the spine. Physical trauma, lifting and twisting the wrong way, strenuous activity, and many other things may cause the gel to rupture or bulge.
- If you do have a ruptured or bulging disc, Dr. Grgula may be able to relieve your pain.
- Since 1995, she has prevented many disc patients from having spinal surgery.
Dr. Grgula has developed a specific, non-invasive protocol that is very effective in relieving disc pain. This allows patients to get back to their lives like they were before the condition started.
STENOSIS & THE NATURAL ALTERNATIVES TO BACK SURGERY
What is stenosis?
Stenosis of the spine involves the narrowing of the spinal canal.
It's generally caused as a result of degeneration of the discs between the vertebrae. This compresses the nerves or spinal cord, causing your PAIN.
It is one of the most painful spinal conditions that
Dr. Grgula has been successfully treating since 1995.
Many people consider spinal surgery!
But there is an effective and proven alternative to surgery!
- Dr. Grgula has developed a solution protocol that relieves your pain and slows the progression of the disease.
- One of those solutions is called the "Cox® Technic." Only a very small percentage of chiropractors have invested the time and money it takes to learn and utilize this amazing technique.
- Cox® Technic is utilized by physicians around the world to treat low back and leg pain, neck and arm pain as well as other spinal pain conditions (synovial cysts, degenerated discs, herniated discs, stenosis, spondylolisthesis, facet syndrome, etc.)
Dr. Grgula has been a Cox Certified Physician since 1995.
Sciatica is inflammation of the sciatic nerve, one of the largest nerves in the body.
- It starts in the low back and goes all the way down both legs to the feet.
- Pain can arise anywhere along the nerve.
- Patients may complain of buttock, groin, hip, knee, or foot pain, and the source is actually the sciatic nerve.
Dr. Grgula will usually start her diagnosis process by ordering an X-Ray of your lumbar spine. Should the X-Ray not reveal the cause, she will order an MRI to
determine if there is disc involvement.
What causes sciatica?
- Any pressure on the sciatic nerve can cause inflammation and irritation.
- Sometimes a degenerative condition like degenerative disc disease can cause pressure. In other cases, it may just be an issue of the low back vertebrae being out of alignment. Either way, chiropractic manipulations help release the pressure on the nerve and therefore relieve the pain.
The root cause of the pressure must be found, and treated to take you out of pain.
Once the cause is diagnosed, Dr. Grgula will place you on your specific treatment plan to reduce or eliminate the pain. Once the pain has subsided, she will give you an exercise program to prevent the condition from returning.
10:00am - 1:00pm
3:00pm - 6:00pm
10:00am - 1:00pm
3:00pm - 6:00pm
10:00am - 1:00pm
3:00pm - 6:00pm
10:00am - 1:00pm
3:00pm - 6:00pm
10:00am - 4:00pm